|Employment Type: Full-Time|
Facilitate communication for the Deaf program participant with individuals that
the consumer comes in contact with and wishes to communicate with, in order to
promote independence, community inclusion, and personal growth for the
- As a representative of CDR, be committed in all that you do to support, perpetuate, and model the CDR Mission.
- Promoting an environment where the program participant feels a sense of inclusion and integration into the communities the participant chooses to interact within.
- Facilitate language enhancement and assist the participant to build a solid vocabulary base so that the program participant can communicate their needs, desires, and thoughts with non-sign fluent staff and other individuals they may choose to communicate with.
- Assist the program participant to communicate with medical professionals in order to increase understanding of treatments, procedures, and compliance with medical orders and recommendations.
- Facilitate and provide support for participant chosen recreational activities, in order to promote independent participation and full integration and inclusion into the community.
- Assist with communication to facilitate community inclusion and promote a sense of community among the participants peers, and other individuals the participant chooses to interact with.
- Complete shift reports and email the report to an assigned list of supervisors at the completion of each shift.
- Bring concerns about the work environment or the program participant to the supervisor in a timely and non-threatening manner, by way of an email or other communication separate from the shift reports.
- Perform SCIP-R interventions as detailed within the program participants behavioral management plan if indicated.
- Work in cooperation with the DDSO State staff to ensure that the program participants needs are met.
- Be reliable and punctual
- Adhere to all CDR agency policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required. As consumer and program needs changes, the duties and expectations of the DCS staff will change, staff will be made aware of all expectations and the job.
The Job Duties are representative of the essential functions of the position.
The physical requirements for this position are those typically present in
normal office environment conditions. Operational flexibility is required to
meet sudden and unpredictable needs. Reliable transportation is necessary as
there may be local day business travel required of this position.
- Associates Degree in Human Services or other related field. Experience may be substituted on a year-to-year basis.
- Fluent in American Sign Language (ASL).
- Maintain yearly CPR and First Aid certification training.
- Active SCIP-R training certification with yearly refresher classes.
- Possess a basic understanding of individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate through written dialogue.
- Ability to get along with individuals of all backgrounds
- Ability to be flexible and be able to handle unknown situations.
- Ability to negotiate conflict.
- Ability to facilitate communication between individuals with no knowledge of American Sign Language (ASL) and be able to translate the meaning of this communication to the program participant using minimal sign language (MSL).
- Ability to tolerate individuals and activities from various cultural backgrounds.
- A valid drivers license is required
|Language Required: Other|
|Minimum Education: Associates Degree|
|Minimum Experience: 0-1 year|
|Contact Name: Catherine Stutzman|
|Contact Email: email@example.com|
|Contact Phone: (585) 546-7510|
| The Center for Disability Rights strives to be a participant controlled, cross disability organization that is reflective of the community it serves. CDR values diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, cultural or ethnic group membership, disability status, educational level, family status, gender, income, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. CDR will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.|
|Click Here to Apply to this Position!|