Deaf Services, Assistant Director
|Employment Type: Full-Time|
Senior manager responsible for overseeing CDR's Deaf Services, including Interpreter Referral Services, Deaf Communication Specialists and Deaf-Blind Support Service Providers. Job responsibilities include day-to-day management of these programs and their staff as well as marketing and expanding CDR's Deaf services.
1. Provide management and oversight of CDR's Deaf Services, including Interpreter Referral Services, Deaf Communication Specialists and Deaf-Blind Support Service Providers, ensuring the provision of high quality services.
2. Manage staff for these programs which include two office-based staff, a full-time scheduler and full-time staff interpreter, as well as multiple community-based staff.
3. Provide clinical oversight for Deaf Communication Specialists, attending all ISP review meetings for OPWDD clients to provide feedback on services, submitting weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as required, and maintaining regular communication with the staff and management of the Penfield House.
4. Market CDR's Deaf Services the agency and programs to the Rochester region and surrounding communities
5. Ensuring that CDR's interpreting service needs are met.
6. Responsible for providing on-call support to all Deaf Service Programs.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
Must be organized, detailed and flexible.
Must be able to develop and implement systems that ensure the highest quality of service and compliance with regulations and standards for service delivery.
1. A Bachelor's degree in a human service field or equivalent
2. At least two years of supervisory experience
3. Must be native speaker of ASL and familiar with Deaf Culture
4. MLS fluency
5. Must have reliable transportation
|Language Required: Other|
|Minimum Education: Bachelors Degree|
|Minimum Experience: 2-5 years|
|Contact Name: Human Resources|
|Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact Phone: (585) 546-7510|
|The Center for Disability Rights strives to be a participant controlled, cross disability organization that is reflective of the community it serves. CDR values diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, cultural or ethnic group membership, disability status, educational level, family status, gender, income, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. CDR will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.|
|Click Here to Apply to this Position!|