|Employment Type: Full-Time|
This position provides the primary scheduling support to the CDR Interpreting Service, the Deaf-Blind Support Services Program and the Deaf Communications Specialist program. This position monitors and ensures that each program is effectively scheduled to meet the needs of the consumers and the agency with accuracy and efficiency.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, triages needs of callers and maintains clear and timely communication with in house staff, contract interpreters and customers to ensure confirmation of requested services and customer satisfaction.
- Responds to service requests with emails and/or phone calls for confirmation to both customers and assigned Interpreter.
- Schedules and records assignments for all three programs. Utilizes the service specific methodology for scheduling and recording all assignments and staff schedules.
- Assesses all Interpreter requests to make the optimal match for assignments, using the information in the data base and in consultation with Manager and office Interpreter.
- Responsible for generating all billing and invoices and works in close coordination with the Finance Department to ensure that invoices, both received and generated are done in a timely manner.
- Promotes and maintains positive professional relationships with customers, contractors and staff
- Maintains Department emails as record of communication and for use in the identification of trends and to track department needs and changes.
- Maintains schedules for the DCS program to ensure 24/7 coverage by qualified staff with minimal overtime.
- Reviews, verifies and processes timesheets (completeness, accuracy and regulatory compliance) for Manager final review and signature.
- Participates in service evaluations and continuous quality improvement.
- Submits requests to third party Interpreting Service when required and provides feedback and follow up with that agency on performance and customer feedback.
- Performs administrative functions as delegated.
- Assists in the orientation and training of other staff members and new contract interpreters
- Submits monthly reports to Department Manager that provide accurate information on requests, service hours provided, issues or concerns, and any overtime costs incurred.
TECHNOLOGY/ EQUIPMENT/ TOOLS
|Type of Technology, Equipment, Tool||Software Skill Level|
|Microsoft Office, Access, Outlook and Scheduling Database||Moderate|
This position does not have any regular responsibility for the work of others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. CDR will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
- This job operates in a professional office environment with moderate to light noise.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This position requires local travel and a current valid NYS Driver License is required.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Customer Service or Scheduling
- Fluency in American Sign Language is preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain professional, cooperative and effective communication regarding services with customers, consumers, contractors and other agency employees.
- Commitment to keep Manager and other appropriate people informed of changes, issues or concerns at all times.
- Appearance is professional and in compliance with the agency dress code
- Requests for services are fulfilled in a timely manner and Deaf customers are assigned preferred interpreters
- Listens and respond to customer needs in a sensitive and timely manner either through self-initiative and knowledge or in consultation with Manager or other appropriate person
- Commitment to Social Justice
- Ability to balance the needs of self with the needs of the agency
- Adapts to, and works effectively with, a variety of situations, individuals and groups
- Initiates and supports change for the benefit of consumers and the agency
|Language Required: Other|
|Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED|
|Minimum Experience: 2-5 years|
|Contact Name: Human Resources|
|Contact Email: email@example.com|
|Contact Phone: (585) 546-7510|
| The Center for Disability Rights strives to be a participant controlled, cross disability organization that is reflective of the community it serves. CDR values diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, cultural or ethnic group membership, disability status, educational level, family status, gender, income, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. CDR will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.|
|Click Here to Apply to this Position!|