|Employment Type: Full-Time|
The Policy & Procedure Writer is responsible for projects involving the research, analysis, development, implementation, communication, and maintenance of policies and procedures documentation to effectively meet operational requirements of the Center for Disability Rights and its affiliate organizations. The position is responsible for supporting the team with creating new, and amending existing, policies, procedures, process flows and other supporting documentation to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency.
- Acts as a project leader in all phases of project execution and implementation, and ensures all related objectives are fulfilled for each project.
- Interviews subject matter experts, observes work processes, and communicates with management and staff to research and analyze information required for the development or update of policy, procedure, and forms documentation.
- Performs research and analyses, and writes policy and procedure documentation, in accordance with organizational goals and legal requirements.
- Develops policy, procedure, checklists and forms documentation, in accordance with documentation development standards.
- Create, enhance and maintain PowerPoint, Word, and Excel documents including, but not limited to, ensuring consistent formatting, professional appearance, accuracy and up-to-date information.
- Prepares, packages, and presents draft documentation to Quality Assurance, senior management, and subject matter experts for review and publication approval.
- Secures, assembles, and archives accumulated documentation and approvals for compliance purposes.
- Conducts and attends all relevant meetings associated with job function, and completes tasks correctly and on time.
- Responsible for maintaining the day-to-day relationships and communications with stakeholders, and maintains cohesive working relationships with all levels of management and staff to effectively interface on all projects and deliverables.
- Tests and evaluates process and workflow documentation to ensure accuracy and maximum efficiency.
- As a representative of CDR and its affiliates, be committed in all that you do to support, perpetuate, and Independent Living model and the organization's CDR mission.
- Advocate for the full integration, independence and civil rights of people with disabilities
- Performs all related department administrative functions, as required.
- Travels to perform onsite functional policy and procedure analysis for documentation development purposes, as needed.
- The Job Duties are representative of the essential functions of the position.
- The physical requirements for this position are those typically present in normal office environment conditions.
- Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs.
- Reliable transportation is necessary as there may be local day business travel required of this position.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent training and writing experience.
- Minimum of three years' work experience in a human services organization or comparable field.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and process mapping skills, with knowledge of and experience in the application of policy and procedures standards and requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Advanced computer software proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other software applications, such as Visio and Adobe Acrobat Pro, used in performance of job duties.
- Detail oriented with ability to prioritize and organize workload.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think independently and bring insightful, critical challenge to the operation
- High degree of initiative and strong ability to meet principal accountabilities with limited direction and oversight; prioritize and organize work with limited supervision while still meeting deadlines.
- Customer-centric attitude
|Language Required: None|
|Minimum Education: Bachelors Degree|
|Minimum Experience: 2-5 years|
|Contact Name: Human Resources|
|Contact Email: email@example.com|
|Contact Phone: (585) 546-7510|
| The Center for Disability Rights strives to be a participant controlled, cross disability organization that is reflective of the community it serves. CDR values diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, cultural or ethnic group membership, disability status, educational level, family status, gender, income, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. CDR will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.|
|Click Here to Apply to this Position!|