|Employment Type: Full-Time|
The Director of Nursing is responsible for the supervision and coordination of all the consumer care services delivered by the Agency.
This is inclusive of assessments, plans, and implementation of the consumer plan of care. Additionally she/he is responsible for the overall supervision, competency, education and evaluation of licensed and non-licensed staff delivering consumer care.
In the absence of the Administrator, the Director of Nursing assumes administrative decision-making and responsibility for the Licensed Home Care Services Agency.
- Assist in the process of taking referrals and procuring MD orders.
- Facilitates the intake and referral process for new participants.
- Supervises the development/communication of the plan of care.
- Participates in the training, orientation, supervision, evaluation & on the job training for PCA staff.
- Ensures that consumer rights are protected facilitating the use of the agencys complaint investigation procedure.
- Participates in team meetings, meeting with consumers and families, and discharge meetings.
- Participates in 24/7 on-call.
- Occasional traveling is required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Mental Demands: job involves a high degree of concentration, planning, and initiative. Works frequently under considerable pressure.
- Physical Demands: Requires the ability to deliver direct consumer care in the home. Subject to prolonged sitting while either driving or in the office. Subject to frequent telephone use.
- A current New York State registered professional nursing license pursuant to Article 139 of the New York State Education Law
- Two years as a supervising community health nurse
- BSN in Nursing
- Two years of Home Care Nursing experience or equivalent experience.
- A strong belief in and commitment to the mission & vision of the agency.
|Language Required: None|
|Minimum Education: Bachelors Degree|
|Minimum Experience: 2-5 years|
|Contact Name: HR Department|
|Contact Email: email@example.com|
|Contact Phone: (585) 546-7510|
|Click Here to Apply to this Position!|