|Employment Type: Full-Time|
Provides housing subsidies to individuals transitioning or diverting from institutional settings to the community.
- Identify housing opportunities for individuals who are in need of housing in order to leave a nursing home, as well as for those who have unstable housing after leaving a nursing home.
- Assist eligible Olmstead Housing Subsidy participants through all steps necessary for enrollment, including: filling out housing applications, obtaining household goods and/or support for moving expenses, arranging unit inspections, etc.
- Work with applicants and/or his/her Transition Specialist, Service Coordinator (SC), Nursing Home Discharge Planner, Care Manager (CM), natural support, or advocate to ensure a support services plan is in place for program enrollment.
- Conduct follow-up after subsidy is initiated including but not limited to verifying occupancy of unit and continued eligibility for program.
- Work to identify landlords, public housing, and private housing in the region which may be suitable for individuals enrolled in the OHS program in the future.
- Maintain a list of available housing in the region, including degree of accessibility, location, proximity to services, and rental costs.
- Track and report on all activities using the statewide project database.
The Job Duties are representative of the essential functions of the position. The physical requirements for this position are those typically present in normal office environment conditions. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. Reliable transportation is necessary as there may be local day business travel required of this position.
- Professional experience in housing, community organizing, Independent Living, long term care, and/or disability rights strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of state and local housing policies, practices, laws and issues impacting seniors and people with disabilities preferred.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Excellent organizational and computer skills; energetic self-starter; ability to travel in the Rochester region. That region consists of the following counties: Monroe, Livingston, Ontario, Seneca, Yates, and Genesee.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the essential duties of the position may be substituted.
- Personal experience with disability a plus.
|Language Required: None|
|Minimum Education: Bachelors Degree|
|Minimum Experience: 0-1 year|
|Contact Name: HR Department|
|Contact Email: email@example.com|
|Contact Phone: (585) 546-7510|
| The Center for Disability Rights strives to be a participant controlled, cross disability organization that is reflective of the community it serves. CDR values diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, cultural or ethnic group membership, disability status, educational level, family status, gender, income, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. CDR will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.|
|Click Here to Apply to this Position!|