|Employment Type: Full-Time|
OPWDD Habilitation services are individually designed for helping a person learn skills and get supports needed to pursue personal interests, integration, and independence. The habilitation plans are based on the ISP. These plans are written in conjunction with the consumer, staff, service coordinators and natural supports. Habilitation staff should use professional judgment based on experience and expertise, and provide the services identified in the Habilitation Plan. Habilitation services are not provided as exclusive services, but part of an overall plan of support for an individual. These services are provided in the persons home and in the community. Habilitation staff is to assist individuals in achieving their goals, personal values and outcomes.
- As a representative of CDR, be committed in all that you do to support, perpetuate, and model the CDR Mission.
- Provide services such as assistance, training, and supervision with activities of daily living, such as developing routines, meal preparation, light household tasks, safety in the community, health promotion, public transportation, personal responsibility, shopping, socialization, personal care, budgeting skills, and/or other tasks chosen by the individual.
- Communicate with the Manager of Community Support Services about which goals are needed and desired by the individual. In addition, recommends additional services and goals based on their growing knowledge of the individuals interests.
- Receive instructions from the Manager of Community Support Services to support Habilitation plans and the promotion of activities to achieve goals.
- Document progress notes related to habilitation goals at every session.
- Complete Monthly Summaries by due date.
- Report attendance and daily activities at the beginning of every shift to the Manager of Community Support Services.
- Attend training sessions as scheduled designed to increase knowledge base related to Developmental Disabilities , Rights and Responsibilities of participants, Incident reporting and all required agency training.
- Attend all scheduled Habilitation Staff meetings.
- Attend and participate in consumers ISP planning meetings at least every six months, as directed by the Manager of Community Support Services.
- Comply with all OPWDD regulations and CDR departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to be flexible and work varying hours depending on the need of the individual.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
The duties are representative of the essential functions of this position. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. Reliable transportation is needed, as local business day travel is required of the position. Most work is completed in the individuals home/residence as well as within the community.
- Must have high school diploma or GED. Must be at least 18 years old.
- One (1) year of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Have good written communication skills.
- Must be fluent in ASL
- Have the ability to meet the individuals needs, which are addresses through the service.
- have the ability to complete SCIP-R certification course if required in the individuals Habilitation Plan and at the discretion of the manager of Community Supports.
- Must be able to become first aid/CPR certified if at the discretion of the Manager of Community Supports.
- Travel is required of this position. Valid NYS drivers license and own vehicle is required.
|Language Required: Other|
|Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED|
|Minimum Experience: 0-1 year|
|Contact Name: HR Department|
|Contact Email: email@example.com|
|Contact Phone: (585) 546-7510|
| The Center for Disability Rights strives to be a participant controlled, cross disability organization that is reflective of the community it serves. CDR values diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, cultural or ethnic group membership, disability status, educational level, family status, gender, income, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. CDR will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.|
|Click Here to Apply to this Position!|