Support Services Provider
|Employment Type: Full-Time|
Support Services Provider (SSP)is responsible for helping a Deaf-Blind and/or individual with moderate vision loss lean skills and get supports needed to pursue personal interests, integration, and independence. The SSP staff provides access to the community by making transportation available and serves as a human guide while walking. This position also acts as a link between persons who are Deaf-Blind/Vision Loss and their environment as a guide and communication facilitator.
As a representative of Center for Disability Rights,Inc (CDR), be committed in all that you do to support, perpetuate, and model the CDR Mission.
SUPPORT SERVICES PROVIDER DUTIES: 1. Provide services such as one-on-one communication assistance and supervision with activities of daily living such as meal preparation, light household tasks, safety in the community, public transportation, shopping, socialization, and/or other tasks chosen by the individual.
2. Communicate with Manager of Deaf Services about needs desired by individual. Recommend additional services based on their growing knowledge of the individual's interests.
3. Receive instructions from Manager of Deaf Services to support and promote services to achieve goals of individual.
4. The SSP may provide information to the individual to assist in considering options, but at no point should the SSP make choices and decisions but to remain objective, supportive and empowering while providing services, sparing in expressing their personal preferences.
5. Document progress notes related to travel/assistance provided.
6. Report attendance and daily activities to Manager of Deaf Services.
7. Attend training sessions designed to increase knowledge base related to Deaf Blindness, Rights and Responsibilities of participants, and all required agency trainings.
8. Attend all scheduled Staff meetings. Be reliable,punctual and adhere to all CDR agency policies and procedures.
9. Other duties as assigned or required.
1. Have good written communication skills.
2. Good customer service and organizational skills.
1. Education Requirements: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
2.Experience and Knowledge Requirements: Must be fluent in American Sign Language (ASL).
One (1) year of experience working with Deaf individuals preferred in human services field.
Knowledge of Deaf and Deaf-Blind Culture.
Valid Driverâ€™s License and reliable transportation.
Ability to comprehend and communicate through written dialogue.
Good customer service and organizational skills.
Ability to get along with individuals of all backgrounds.
Ability to be flexible and be able to handle unknown situations.
Ability to be flexible, tolerate individuals and activities from various cultural backgrounds.
Ability to be flexible and work varying hours depending on the needs of consumers.
|Language Required: Other|
|Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED|
|Minimum Experience: 0-1 year|
|Contact Name: Jayyidah Brown|
|Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact Phone: (585) 546-7510|
|The Center for Disability Rights strives to be a participant controlled, cross disability organization that is reflective of the community it serves. CDR values diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, cultural or ethnic group membership, disability status, educational level, family status, gender, income, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. CDR will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.|
|Click Here to Apply to this Position!|