|Employment Type: Full-Time|
|With general supervision, provides information and referral, Community Education and Awareness, home
modifications supports, and advocacy. Provides ongoing services to assist individuals with
accessibility, E-mods, equipment, technology, adult and early intervention equipment and
accommodations. Responsible for assuring timely delivery of services and file maintenance. Utilizes
the Independent Living Philosophy and RCILs mission statement. |
|Service to Consumers and the Public: |
- Responds in a professional and timely manner to accessibility related inquiries, Early
Intervention inquiries, adult equipment and accommodations inquiries, E-mod referrals, ADA site
surveys and provides technical support/training for business accessibility audits.
- Provides Accessibility outreach to businesses and other agencies in the community.
Maintains outreach, attends TRAID quarterly meetings and provides support to early intervention
providers in Monroe and surrounding counties.
- Ability to present and teach classes, ability to demonstrate equipment, technology, and
accessibility to consumers.
- Be an accessibility resource for internal and external agencies.
- Maintains and updates equipment entry into database for consumer tracking for reports and
cataloging. Maintains the TRAID inventory and the loan closet, MFP supplies and inventory, tracks
and solicits donations and recycling of inventory.
- Ability to supervise, build, provide compliance and manage portable ramp construction projects
and recycling of modular ramps.
- Documents all contacts or interaction with consumers
- Ability to write goal plans for independent living consumers and updates as needed.
- Provide supervisor with detailed and accurate reports as requested in a timely manner, including
ACCES-VR mid year, ACCES-VR annual and internal quarterly as well as bi-monthly board reports and
- Complete satisfaction surveys with consumers served by the program, document satisfaction for
- Documents and bills for services rendered: OPWDD e-mods, ACCESS to Home, and other billable
- Ensure goals and objectives outlined in ACCES-VR, TRAID, and 704 reports that pertain to
accessibility are completed each year and are reported on.
- Directly responsible for input into the development of services provided by RCILs
- Be involved in other grant and fee for service funding opportunities in the community for
accessibility services for long term sustainability and growth
- Engage in development of marketing materials related to accessibility services and complete
outreach efforts to market available services.
- Any additional tasks as determined by supervisor.
|The Job Duties are representative of the essential functions of the position. The physical
requirements for this position are those typically present in normal office environment conditions.
Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. Reliable transportation
is necessary as there may be local day business travel required of this position. |
- Associates degree in Human Services or related fields
- One year knowledge of community based services and public benefits and a strong commitment to
promote and advocate for the full integration of individuals with disabilities.
- Has creativity and comfort in dealing with a wide range of diverse individuals and situations.
- Familiar with construction, environmental modifications, blue prints, home modifications, ramps,
and accessible equipment.
- Able to maintain and repair equipment.
- Ability to organize a large amount of equipment and supplies.
- Reliable means of transportation.
|Language Required: None|
|Minimum Education: Associates Degree|
|Minimum Experience: 0-1 year|
|Contact Name: HR Department|
|Contact Email: email@example.com|
|Contact Phone: (585) 546-7510|
| The Regional Center for Independent Living strives to be a participant-controlled,
cross-disability organization that is reflective of the community it serves.
RCIL values diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color,
cultural or ethnic group membership, disability status, educational level,
family status, gender, income, national origin, race, religion, or sexual
orientation. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. RCIL will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.|
|Click Here to Apply to this Position!|