|Employment Type: Full-Time|
|To provide oversight to the Day and Residential Habilitation programs of CDR. Included are job
duties in the areas of scheduling, program development, training, and overall oversight of
day-to-day coordination of the Community Habilitation and Day Habilitation services and staff
supervision under the regulatory requirements of the OPWDD Home and Community Based Waiver program.
The manager of community support services is responsible for marketing the Habilitation Programs of
CDR to the Rochester community and bringing in new consumers for services.|
|The Job Duties are representative of the essential functions of the position. The physical
requirements for this position are those typically present in normal office environment conditions.
Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. Reliable transportation
is necessary as there may be local day business travel required of this position.|
- Responsible for oversight of scheduling within the day and community habilitation
Hiring of new habilitation staff.
- Keeping a computerized scheduling program up to date
- Ensuring that all hours that are being provided are approved and units are being utilized
- Tracking all hours of services that were provided on a spreadsheet that is turned in bi-weekly
to your supervisor.
- Handles the day to day scheduling of ILST and Peer Mentor staff. (NOTE: The manager of community
support services may be responsible for managing these staff members)
Responsible for marketing the agency and Habilitation program to Rochester and surrounding
Attend all ISP review meetings and write goal plans.
- Screening, interviewing, hiring, training and supervising staff
- Communicating to HR department
- Provide initial and on-going training to habilitation staff
- Review OPWDD related materials with staff upon hire and provide on-going staff
- Review agency policies and procedures to staff
- Provide supervision of habilitation staff.
- Conduct performance Evaluations with staff
- Monitor staff on the job to assess performance
- Conduct regular spot checks
- Conduct satisfaction surveys with consumer
- Recommend areas of staff improvement and potential training opportunities
- To provide staff training as necessary.
- Provide feedback to staff on job performance on a regular basis
Hold the on-call pager in rotation with other coordinators in the OPWDD department.
- Work with the Coordinator of Deaf Services to get feedback on progress of the consumers so
plans can be accurately revised and updated.
- Ensure that all monthly documentation for the Habilitation Program is completed.
- Completes audits as needed.
Review time sheets and case notes regularly.
- Be able to handle staffing crisis situations, and call offs, etc.
- Answer pages with 15-20 minutes when on call
- Make decisions about staff schedules and advise staff of potential solutions to pager calls
and/or advise staff of consequences when they refuse the on-call staff directions.
Provide the supervision and oversight needed to maintain DOH regulations. *See TBI and NHTD
- Train staff on case note writing
- Ensure staff is working on the goals and are knowledgeable about what each goal entails.
- Ensure schedules are developed based on the number of approved hours per week and the number of
hours per unit.
- Fills in for staff when needed.
- Work one on one with employees to develop goal plans and service reports and document these
- Provide one-to-one counseling sessions to persons with disabilities and their families.
- Assist consumers to effectively manage the emotional difficulties associated with adjusting to &
living in the community.
|Candidate must have minimum of two years experience providing adjustment related counseling to
individuals with traumatic brain injuries and their families. A significant portion of the providers
time which represents this experience must have been spent providing counseling to individuals with
traumatic brain injuries and their families in order to be considered qualifying experience.|
Candidate must have working knowledge and experience with the OPWDD Waiver and community
habilitation/day habilitation programs. (I.e. writing community/day habilitation plans, auditing
Prior supervisor experience as it related to working with those with disabilities is a plus.
|Candidate must possess at least one of the following designations:|
- Licensed Psychiatrist
- Licensed Psychologist
- Masters of Social Work
- Master of Doctorate of Psychology
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselor
- Master of Counseling Psychology
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioner
- Certified Education Teacher
|Language Required: None|
|Minimum Education: Masters Degree|
|Minimum Experience: 2-5 years|
|Contact Name: HR Department|
|Contact Email: email@example.com|
|Contact Phone: (585) 546-7510|
| The Center for Disability Rights strives to be a participant controlled, cross disability organization that is reflective of the community it serves. CDR values diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, cultural or ethnic group membership, disability status, educational level, family status, gender, income, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. CDR will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.|
|Click Here to Apply to this Position!|