|Employment Type: Part-Time|
This position is responsible for utilizing the five dimensions of wellness to plan and direct recreational activities for consumers.
- Provides mental and physical stimulation for clients by various means, including but not limited to; conversation, exercise, playing games, trivia, baking, arts and crafts, spirituality and intergenerational activities.
- Provides assistance with activities of daily living on an as needed basis.
- General housekeeping, including but not limited to: sweeping, mopping, dusting, washing/drying/putting away dishes and clothes, watering plants, disinfecting tables, chairs and countertops, vacuuming, refilling toilet paper and paper towel dispensers.
- Plans special events on a monthly basis.
- Researches various activities that can be utilized to engage consumers.
- Plans, implement and facilitate activities.
- Helps plan and create monthly calendar.
- Shops for needed materials for activities or the program.
- Answering the phone in a courteous and professional manner.
- Keeps track of petty cash.
- Keeps track of Material Safety Data Sheets for all chemicals.
- Performs other duties as assigned,
- Basic/Intermediate Skill with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. CDR will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
- This position requires occasional local travel.
- This job operates in a professional office environment with moderate to light noise. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Two (2) years working with the elderly population and/or individuals with disabilities
- Dementia experience/knowledge preferred
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Great verbal and written communications
|Language Required: None|
|Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED|
|Minimum Experience: 1-2 years|
|Contact Name: Human Resources|
|Contact Email: email@example.com|
|Contact Phone: (585) 546-7510|
| The Center for Disability Rights strives to be a participant controlled, cross disability organization that is reflective of the community it serves. CDR values diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, cultural or ethnic group membership, disability status, educational level, family status, gender, income, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. CDR will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.|
|Click Here to Apply to this Position!|