|Employment Type: Full-Time|
This position is responsible for providing referrals and information, core service supports for housing, skills training, peer supports, community awareness, social and recreation, employment, benefits, transportation, and advocacy. This position is responsible for providing advocacy to individuals who want to leave an institution and received services in the community. This position is also responsible for assisting individuals in securing community based services.
- Outreach to nursing homes and other institutions, community agencies, and residents in institutional settings.
- Assist consumers with transitioning to a community setting.
- Responsible for/with providing Core IL Services to enable people to line in the setting(s) they desire.
- Responds to referral from on-call, programs, community, and supervisor.
- Assist with housing benefits, skills training, peer linkages, advocacy and community referrals.
- Refers individuals to appropriate community based services and provides follow up.
- Provide outreach to people with disabilities in the community, provide Independent Living advocacy at community sites.
- Provides information and education in regards to an individual's rights under Title II of the ADA and Olmstead decision.
- Maintain records and confidentiality of consumers served.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position does not have any regular responsibility for the work of others.
TECHNOLOGY/ EQUIPMENT/ TOOLS
|Type of Technology, Equipment, Tool, Software||Skill Level|
|Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)||Basic|
|Ability to learn company in-house software||Basic|
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. CDR will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
- This job operates in a professional office environment with moderate to light noise. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services or related fields
Skills and Competencies Requirements
- One (1) year experience in community based services providing direct human service to persons with disabilities
- Experience/knowledge with peer mentoring, community services
- Experience/knowledge with Medicaid & Medicaid funded programs, SSI, entitlement programs
- Experience/knowledge with grant reporting and routine documentation
- Ability to communicate in Spanish and/or ASL
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate verbally and written
|Language Required: Other|
|Minimum Education: None|
|Minimum Experience: 1-2 years|
|Contact Name: HR Department|
|Contact Email: email@example.com|
|Contact Phone: (585) 546-7510|
| The Regional Center for Independent Living strives to be a participant-controlled,
cross-disability organization that is reflective of the community it serves.
RCIL values diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color,
cultural or ethnic group membership, disability status, educational level,
family status, gender, income, national origin, race, religion, or sexual
orientation. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. RCIL will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.|
|Click Here to Apply to this Position!|