|Employment Type: Full-Time|
As a scheduler, your function is to support the nursing department. Under the daily supervision of the Director of Nursing and the overall supervision of the Administrator, this position is responsible for the operation of the office, scheduling PCAs' shifts on a regular basis, as well as data entry into the system to process payroll for all caregivers. Candidates must be highly skilled with computer software programs, as well as having exceptional attention to detail, communications skills, and the ability to problem solve.
- Initiate and review Master schedules.
- Coordinates staff to service new referrals based upon consumer needs, staff skills, and geographic location.
- Maintains accurate PCA staff schedules for the regular work week in addition to the weekend, holiday and vacation schedules.
- Updates schedules daily based upon new assignments and communication from PCA staff.
- Submits reports to Director of Nursing and Administrator as assigned.
- Assists in completing weekend and holiday assignments, arranges time off coverage for PCA staff and fills shifts as needed on an emergency/short call off basis.
- Participates in 'on call' rotation evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Entry of PCA staff assignment, employee notes and consumer notes into database.
- Assists with orientation and training of other staff members as requested.
- Review and process time sheets and verify supporting documentation for assigned PCAs
- Responsible for filing of all PCA staff activity sheets, variances and nursing supervisions.
- Assist nursing staff in preparation of certification classes and in-services.
- Notify HR if PCA are not in-compliance with PPD, PE, In-Service.
- Perform audits if assigned
- Track attendance and generate report to nursing leadership as needed.
- Input staff and client information into the database.
- Maintains staff and client database(e.g. dates and reminders of TB & Health questionnaire, client hospital and discharge).
- Performs general office duties but not limited to word processing, photocopies, files, sort/distributes mail, provides reception and telephone service.
TECHNOLOGY/ EQUIPMENT/ TOOLS
|Type of Technology, Equipment, Tool||Software Skill Level|
|Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)||Intermediate|
|Ability to learn company in-house software||Basic|
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. AAY will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment with moderate to light noise. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. We embrace and live our values every day: Friendship, Teamwork, Compassion, Excellence, Integrity and Customer Focus.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication regarding client's service with client and family.
- Keeps appropriate people informed of changes and problems as they are reported. This may include nursing staff, administrators, DON and Service coordination.
- Communicates and works cooperatively with other members of health care team.
- Completes all agency records and reports according to agency policy and procedure.
- Documentation is legible.
- Submits documentation in a timely manner
- Provide leadership and role model to PCAs ongoing.
- Appearance is professional and complies with agency dress code.
- Assignments are fulfilled with reliability and punctuality.
- Maintains a cooperative manner towards client/family and all members of the health care team.
- Listens and responds to client's needs in a sensitive and timely manner either through own initiative or by referral to appropriate person(s).
- Education Requirements
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
Skills and Competencies Requirements
- 2 years office experience required
- Previous scheduling experience required
- Previous experience in a medical environment preferred
- Minimum one (1) year home care experience preferred
- Legible handwriting for notations in schedule
- Good interpersonal skills to maintain effective rapport with consumers, other staff members and community
- Excellent telephone skills
- Must be flexible and able to adapt well to diversity and change.
- Effective verbal skills to communicate with consumers and staff
- The duties are representative of the essential functions of the position. The physical requirements for this position are those typically present in normal office environment conditions.
- This position also requires the capability to demonstrate and perform home care and personal care duties such as (but not limited to) bending, lifting transfers, housekeeping, laundry and shopping.
- Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs.
- Reliable transportation is necessary, as there is local day business travel required of this position.
|Language Required: None|
|Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED|
|Minimum Experience: 1-2 years|
|Contact Name: HR Department|
|Contact Email: email@example.com|
|Contact Phone: (585) 442-6470|
|Click Here to Apply to this Position!|